Applications are now closed
Casual/Part-time Invertebrate keeper – Minibeast Wildlife Kuranda (Queensland)
Minibeast Wildlife is seeking an outgoing person to join our Far North QLD team.
Minibeast Wildlife is an educational wildlife business that focuses on invertebrates. We have several areas of operation:
• Educational school incursions
• Live invertebrate supply (animal breeding to keep invertebrates as pets, classroom educational tools or display animals for zoos and museums)
• Media production for TV and film
• Macro photography
• App and resource development
• Assist with the care and husbandry of our invertebrate collection
• Assist with live invertebrate dispatch (packing animals and associated products)
• Wrangling animals and assistance for media when required.
• Presentation of educational sessions (incursions) using live invertebrates on site at schools, kindergartens, child care centres and special events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter addressing the following key criteria:
Key Selection Criteria:
• Must be available Mondays and at least one other day during the week
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of natural history
• Experience in animal husbandry duties
• A demonstrated interest in, or passion for invertebrates
• Experience in public speaking or delivering educational programs
• A current Drivers Licence.
Experience in handling or working with live invertebrates is desirable. Applicants must have or be willing to get a Blue Card.
Pay rate is $25 per hour, with a minimum of 3 hours employment per shift.
Applications close at 5pm on the 28th May 2021.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, submit your CV along with a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria. We would like to hear why you are the ideal candidate and what you can bring.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details contact Deanna Henderson on 0434 998 263