Casual Educational Presenters (Victoria)
Minibeast Wildlife is seeking outgoing people to join our Victorian team and run exciting educational programs using live invertebrates.
- Presentation of educational sessions using live invertebrates on site at schools, kindergartens, child care centres and special events.
- Providing animals and assistance for media when required.
- Travel to and from various venues, carrying out the required set-up and pack-up of animals and equipment.
- Basic animal husbandry duties.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in public speaking or delivering educational programs
- A sound knowledge of natural history
- A demonstrated interest in, or passion for invertebrates
- A current Drivers Licence.
Experience in handling or working with live invertebrates is desirable. Applicants must have or be willing to get a Working with Children Check.
Minibeast Wildlife’s educational programs service a wide area of Victoria from its base in Mt Evelyn. Casual Presenters are required collect the educational animals and vehicle at Minibeast Wildlife in Mt Evelyn, and drive to and from the various locations.
Casual hours of work are dependent on bookings, and can vary widely. Most shifts are on weekdays, but occasional weekend may be required for special events.
Starting pay rate is $25 per hour, with a minimum of 3 hours employment per shift.
Applications and CV’s can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us via the Contact Page if you have any questions or require more information.
Applications close 5pm Monday the 25th of June 2018.